We hope this mailing ﬁnds you well, safe, and rested! We have all been taking advantage of the change of pace as we’ve settled into our summer schedules. Since we last wrote to you, we’ve all been diving deep into our summer research projects! In addition, Megan has been running through city streets and summer heat in preparation for a half marathon she already regrets signing up for. Omar has been busy trying every sandwich Cafe 53 has to offer. And Meera is on a quest to explore as many Chicago neighborhoods as possible because she spent all of last year in her apartment.
Another favorite pastime of ours has become counting down the days until y’all are here to join us in all of the aforementioned pursuits and more. By our count, we are currently only 18 short days away from the ofﬁcial start of Orientation 2021! Orientation will be packed with a lot of things to do! With that in mind, we encourage you to take some time towards the end of this month to take care of any last minute errands (internet connections, housing, banking, health insurance, ﬁnancial aid, etc.) and to lounge around as much as possible. During Orientation, you will have the chance to get to know your classmates and other current Pritzker students!
You should have received information about creating your UChicago CNET ID
(cnet.uchicago.edu/claimacct). As a reminder, this ID will serve as your University of Chicago email address and will also be the username that you will use to log into UChicago websites including
my.uchicago.edu (billing and administrative information) as well as the on-campus Wi-Fi network and more. Once you set up your CNET ID, you will have access to these websites and will also be able to go about setting up your University of Chicago email address.
Last but not least, in this third and ﬁnal mailing is the following:
● Bios from our 2021-2022 Pritzker Chiefs
● A letter from Dr. Vineet Arora, Pritzker’s new Dean for Medical Education
● A letter from Dr. James Woodruff, Associate Dean of Students, introducing you to the medical school’s Guiding Principles of Professionalism
● A letter from Dr. Callum Ross, director of the Human Body course
● A letter from the second-year Academic Co-Chairs about success in anatomy and general tips
● A letter from the Free Clinics Committee
● A letter from i2i, Pritzker’s Identity and Inclusion Steering Committee
● A letter introducing the library resources available at the University of Chicago
● A description of the medical equipment package that you will need during your time at Pritzker, and an example order/upgrade/opt-out form
● Information on student disability insurance
● A page on setting up Two-Factor Authentication, a University security system
● Name Pronunciation Instructions
We’re sure you’re all terribly sad to hear that this is the ﬁnal Orientation mailing, as you won’t be able to look forward to receiving more thicc envelopes from us in your mailboxes. We would just like to wish you one ﬁnal congratulations and hope that the ﬁnal few weeks of your summer are truly wonderful. Feel free to reach out should you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Looking forward to seeing you in Hyde Park soon! We wanted to leave you with one last iconic Orientation Co-Chair photo. Enjoy the rest of your summers. Medical School is truly a journey, and we are the luckiest Co-Chairs in the world to help usher you all into medicine! See you soon!
2021 Orientation Co-Chairs
Megan, Omar, & Meera